I have been rambling about this lip colour for the past few weeks, its high time I told you why I love it so much!
As much as I long to be a lipstick girl, I am a gloss girl at heart. It’s tricky for me to find a lipstick which is opaque enough to show up without looking as if the colour is unnatural and find that lipstick can be very very high maintenance (so many touch ups required!) This dilemma usually puts me off buying lipstick particularly matte formulas which can be very unforgiving. Gloss is that much easier for me apply and touch up throughout the day with minimum fuss. L’Oreal describes the formula as “The next generation lip colour, that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain”
The L’Oreal Shine Caresse formula provides a combination of gloss, lipstick and once worn away a stain. So here’s why I love it…
- Shine & moisture without stickiness
- A thicker than usual formula which is a cross between lip gloss/lipstick or stain which makes the product very long wearing but comfortable to wear
- Great pigmentation, colour shows up, but is not too strong – natural finish
- After about 30 minutes, I find that the formula dries down slightly, yet is still comfortable and slightly glossy – colour stays put!
- Lasts around 6 hours on me with no touch ups. As the shine wears away, the colour remains leaving a gentle stain to the lips. The best thing about the formula is that it wears away beautifully, it doesn’t get patchy, uneven or leave a weird ring around the lip line. It doesn’t dry out the lips or leave them flaky or patchy in colour – genius!
The packaging is perfectly compact, I love that you can see the product which helps when choosing a shade.
I really, really love the shape of this wand, it’s sort of almond shaped, weirdly, it fits my lips perfectly especially around the cupid’s bow area!
What sets this apart from other chemist/drugstore lip products is it’s quality and longevity. Only one other gloss formula has my heart, want me to share?! Let me know in the comments. Are you a lipstick or lip gloss girl, or do you prefer to go au natural? Tweet me @beaubrunbeauty, send me a message on Facebook, or check out my pictures on Instagram #beaubrunbeauty. Til next time…